Wind Turbine Manufacturers
Wind has been recognized as a viable power source for hundreds of years, but only recently has its true potential been realized. Recent technology in the field of renewable energy has increased the harnessing power of wind turbines, not only for large wind farms, but for the private sector and even the individual homeowner as well.
|In a world where other sources of energy are being tapped to the point of extinction, revolutionary breakthroughs in wind power technology are both welcome and necessary.||
Here is a list of wind turbine manufacturers both large and small that is by no means comprehensive but that represents some of the leading companies in these fields right now.
Top List of Large Wind Turbine Manufacturers
- Vestas Wind Systems is based Denmark and is the largest seller of large scale wind turbines in the world. More than 20,000 people are employed around the world in places like the U. S., China, Australia, Germany and the Scandinavian countries. In 2006, Vestas was voted the Top Green Company in the world. Over 21 million people worldwide receive their electricity from Vestas wind turbines.
- Aeolos Wind Turbine – Founded in Denmark more than two decades ago, Aeolos is an internationally- recognized name in wind turbine manufacturing. The company offers both vertical and horizontal wind turbines ranging in power capabilities from 300 watts to 50 kilowatts and tout their generators as safer, easier to install, and more productive than those of their competitors.
- Coemi wind turbines are designed for use on small farms, schools, hospitals, and industries. Their turbines, ranging in size from 10 to 50 kilowatts, are made from “state of the art” materials and technology and each turbine is installed with specialized attention to the individual needs and preferences of the consumer.
- General Electric – A pioneer in the energy industry, GE is stepping into the world of renewable energy with ground-breaking innovation. The company currently offers wind power solutions to large industries and wind farms throughout the developed world. Ranging in power capabilities of 1.5 to 2.5 megawatts, these giant turbines use the latest in wind power technology, making them efficient, durable, and grid-connected. In early 2011, GE began a revolutionary project in the Champagne-Ardennes region of France as part of the country’s effort to derive 23 percent of its total power consumption from wind power.
- Urban Green Energy (UGE) is one of the largest wind turbine manufacturers in the world and focuses on quality assurance and customer satisfaction. With four basic models ranging from 400 watts to 4 kilowatts, UGE uses a third-party certification method to ensure that its products “exceed” consumer expectations.
Top List of Small Wind Turbine Manufacturers
- A&C Green Energy is dedicated to providing quality small wind turbines for homeowners and businesses in six different continents. Upwind and downwind options provide customers with a product guaranteed to meet their individual needs. A&C Green Energy boasts that their 2000 watt to 30 kilowatt turbines are virtually maintenance free due to their gear and brush-free design, allowing them to provide a six-year warranty for every turbine they sell.
- SEaB – Specializing in helicle vertical-axis turbines, SEaB offers highly effective wind power sources for families and businesses. The unique blades in their turbines harness wind from all directions without ever having to change the orientation. Promising maximum efficiency, SEaB claims that their turbines can handle the energy needs for up to a four-bedroom home.
- WindSpire produces a small, 30-ft tall wind turbine that is very attractive to homeowners due to its size and virtually silent vertical-axis design. These mini-turbines are efficient, affordable, and qualify for a 30% tax credit from the federal government as well as some state and local rebates as well.
Many schools, factories, hospitals, and even whole towns are now benefiting from clean, efficient, and inexpensive wind energy thanks to the advent of technologically advanced wind turbines with the power to harness energy like never before. In addition, many homeowners have dreamed about the day that renewable energy sources such as wind power would be available and affordable for the average family; thanks to the manufacturers of small wind turbines, it appears that day has finally come.